What is the ECO Scheme?
Have you noticed a steep rise in energy bills over the past few months? Does your home seem to lose a great deal of heat or has it become difficult to obtain adequately hot water? Whether your home has become draughty or the proper level of insulation is lacking, it can be difficult to know where to turn. In fact, many homeowners are unaware that they could very well qualify for government-sponsored ECO funding and similar grant programmes. What are some of the options available to you and how can these ECO grants save you a great deal of money when working with the experts at Installers UK?
- The government-led ECO scheme consists of one major obligation: the Home Heating Cost Reduction Obligation (HHCRO).
- The HHCRO obliges the UK’s leading energy suppliers to encourage the installation of energy efficiency measures to reduce energy bills and limit carbon emissions per household.
- At Installers UK, we can help homeowners get access to grants for insulation and heating installations under the ECO scheme.
Why Choose Eco funding?
There are two intentions associated with the modern ECO scheme:
- To address fuel poverty by lowing the costs of energy consumption.
- To minimise carbon emissions in the years to come.
Of course, these very same goals will benefit the homeowners directly in the form of reduced heating and electricity bills. Two of the most common reasons why a home may be losing its heat can be as a result of having no cavity wall and/or a very little amount of loft insulation. Not only will you be able to enjoy more comfortable temperatures throughout the year, but you could also qualify for this ECO funding scheme.
How Installers UK Can Help You Obtain Eco Grants
Of course, the first step is to determine if your home qualifies for the ECO scheme. This is when the team at UK Installers can help. We will first provide you with an absolutely free on-site evaluation by examining several areas within your home such as the levels of insulation and the condition of your boiler. There are also other situations which could enable you to qualify (such as if you are currently enrolled in certain government-backed living allowances). Once again, we will provide you with clear and concise answers. Installers UK provides nationwide services and you can always expect to enjoy a hassle-free process from the very beginning until the end of the task at hand. Our main intention is to work together with our customers during every stage of the project so that the right decisions can be made.
Am I eligible for the ECO Scheme?
The ECO scheme is available to homeowners that receive at least one or more of the qualifying benefits below. Our qualified surveyors would be delighted to provide a FREE on-site survey to help find out whether you meet the criteria.
If it doesn’t look like you will qualify for an insulation grant or boiler grant under the ECO scheme, you may qualify under the operated by your local council scheme
Qualifying benefits for the ECO scheme
- Armed Forces Independence Payment
- Attendance Allowance
- Carer’s Allowance
- Child Benefit (on the condition that the household’s relevant income does not exceed the amount set out in Chapter 3 of our scheme guidance)
- Constant Attendance Allowance
- Disability Living Allowance
- Pension Guarantee Credit
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- Income Support
- Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
- Mobility Supplement
- Personal Independence Payment
- Severe Disablement Allowance
- Tax Credits (Child Tax Credits and Working Tax Credits)
- Universal Credit
The Smart Way to Save Money
Millions of homeowners across the UK have already taken advantage of ECO funding and you could very well be the next example, Contact one of our professionals at Installers UK in order to schedule an appointment. Installers UK is also pleased to offer additional services such as MEES surveys, boiler replacements, central heating upgrades, and Energy Performance Certificates. If you wish to improve the comfort and efficiency of your home, we are always here to help.
Please take a moment to read about this scheme if you wish to apply for a grant simply click the button below to get started.