What is the ECO Scheme?
The government-led ECO scheme consists of one major obligation: the Home Heating Cost Reduction Obligation (HHCRO).
The HHCRO obliges the UK’s leading energy suppliers to encourage the installation of energy efficiency measures to reduce energy bills and limit carbon emissions per household.
At Installers UK, we can help homeowners get access to grants for insulation and heating installations under the ECO scheme.
Am I eligible for the ECO Scheme?
The ECO scheme is available to homeowners that receive at least one or more of the qualifying benefits below. Our qualified surveyors would be delighted to provide a FREE on-site survey to help find out whether you meet the criteria.
If it doesn’t look like you will qualify for an insulation grant or boiler grant under the ECO scheme, you may qualify under the operated by your local council scheme
Qualifying benefits for the ECO scheme
- Armed Forces Independence Payment
- Attendance Allowance
- Carer’s Allowance
- Child Benefit (on the condition that the household’s relevant income does not exceed the amount set out in Chapter 3 of our scheme guidance)
- Constant Attendance Allowance
- Disability Living Allowance
- Pension Guarantee Credit
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- Income Support
- Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
- Mobility Supplement
- Personal Independence Payment
- Severe Disablement Allowance
- Tax Credits (Child Tax Credits and Working Tax Credits)
- Universal Credit